Paso Robles: Chemistry SetI think I was seven or eight when the next-door neighbors moving gave me their grown sons chemistry set. It was a Gilbert a blue metal box full of things which should have been safe but which no one knew anything about. I put one chemical after another into a little metal frying pan which I heated over the alcohol lamp. A choking fume flowed from a beautiful blue flame hovering over the melting powders and crystals and close observation of them required proximity. The mix exploded suddenly and a large blue cloud rolled majestically from our backyard into the neighbors and on toward its entropic doom. I saw my mother horrified in the window and ran in calling Im okay! Im okay! She was laughing. My eyelashes, brows and the front of my hair were gone.